Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ultimate Frisbee- Who Knew it was so Dynamic!!


This past week I taught a lesson on Ultimate Frisbee. Before my class started to work on this sport I didn't realize that there was so much involved with playing it. Whenever I had played it in the past we weren't given very detailed instructions and mainly just played without any true knowledge on how to set up the proper offense or defense. Now after having participated in teaching and being taught in my class here at Cortland I know a lot more about the sport and will be able to apply that knowledge in the future.
While I was listening to myself teach the lesson I realize that I say ahh a lot. I think that I use it as a filler to give myself more time to think about what I am going to say next, but hearing myself say it repetitively I realize that it can become quiet annoying. I hope that when I teach my lessons in the future I try to refrain from saying it as often and instead have more confidence in the message that I am trying to convey to the class.

No comments: